Nepal is undoubtedly a trekker’s paradise. Home to the seven highest peaks of the world, the country has some of the most exciting trekking trails that offers excitement and adventure. It provides the backdrop for the most amazing adventure in some of the world’s remotest mountain peaks to test your endurance and stamina. Various treks are available which are arranged by different trekking companies who also take care of your security and safety. Mentioned below are the five treks to the different mountain ranges where you can head to while on a Nepal trekking holiday.
1. Upper Dolpo – Shey Gompa: The high valley of Dolpo has some of the most remarkable views of the Himalayas, and trekking in this region offers a real a adventure. This part is the most unspoiled and unexplored in whole Nepal and you would love exploring them. The trek starts from Nepalgunj. The first part of trek is easy and involves easy walking till you join the ancient trade routes and cross the Kagmara La. You cross over two high passes, the Bag La and the Numa La and then descend into the Tarap valley to the village of Dho Tarap. The adventure comes to an end at Juphal, followed by two days walk while following the Bheri River. The trek takes about 28 days to complete.
2. Mustang – Lo Manthang: Located in the north from Annapurna range at the head of Kali Gandaki, this is a Tibetan region inside Nepal. You will like visiting the village with its mystical setting. The trek starts from Jomsom and takes about 12 days to complete. You will pass through the incredible rocky mountains and the lovely landscape of high Tibetan plateau.
3. Around Manasulu: Located in Nepal’s Gorkha District, Manaslu lies just east of the Annapurna Region and shares border with Tibet. The route has been opened to the trekkers recently and holds an incredible beauty with a rich blend of Nepalese and Tibetan cultures. The trek takes about 21 days to complete. By reaching the topmost point, you have a chance to view rocky landscapes and wonderful glacier lakes.
4. Nar – Phu Valley: One of the most beautiful trekking trails in Nepal. You trek through the most unspoiled and unexplored regions of Annapurna Himal range. Trekking along this off-beaten path, you cross the Nar – Phu Valley which lies in the remotest corner of Annapurna range. It takes about 19 days of trekking and you pass through the challenging high passes of Kang La and Thorung La.
5. Tsum Valley: Situated in northern Gorkha district of Nepal, it is the sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley. It is dotted with numerous Gompas, Chortens and Mani walls. The trek takes about 15 days to complete and you are treated with local cultivated natural coffee and Tatopani hot springs on this wild and rugged trek.